Monday, September 13, 2004

. Who Moved My Cheese .

It has been nearly 2 weeks since I last felt that urge.

That urge to cry / tear.

I am not afraid to acknoweledge my feelings and cry whenever the feeling comes back to me again. In fact, I am proud of the progress I have made so far. Yes, it still hurts. The pain. But I can certainly feel its intensity reducing by the day.

The feeling came back just now. For a while. And I teared.

Well...

Read "Who Moved My Cheese" at Borders 2 nights ago. There are so many things in the story that are so true. Yes, we are often paralysed by our own fear, and sometimes our ego.

"What will we do if we aren't afraid?"

True enough, I don't deny that I was very much afraid, in fact, terrified by the change. The change that has to bring me back to where I was in the beginning of this journey. The change that I thought I wouldn't be able to adapt to. The change that wld make me lose the things I treasure most.

I did not want to change. I was too comfortable with what I had, and I was scared to change.

But I have learnt that changes are inevitable in life. Whether you like it or not, things change. This is something I have known and aware of, but have never seriously consider the consequences of a real change that can happen in life.

Well, I have learnt that I reckon.

And yeah, our ego too. The ego which we have to satisfy to uphold our self-esteem. To make ourselves feel good. To make ourselves think that we can still be what we want to be, and that we can make what we want to happen happen.

Hah.

Wrong.

This is probably where our superego has to step in and take over. To give us a slap in the face and wake us up. Wake us up from a very bad dream. A nightmare, most probably. To make us realise that our ego will never be contented. And that we have to come to terms with what is happening and move on in life.

There is really no one who can help me except myself. And I am proud to say that, I have grown to be stronger and am handling my life pretty well right now.

I have also learnt to make friends with time. It is now a good fren of mine. Cos I have realised that the only other way I can get better and better each day is really dependent on it.

Melvin had mentioned to me before the quote "The sooner you let go of your old cheese, the sooner you will find new cheese".

Yes, indeed. I have let go of my old cheese, and am now wondering if I will ever meet the right cheese.

Oh well.

Life goes on ... and so do I.


janz pondered on Monday, September 13, 2004

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker