Monday, October 04, 2004

. Freud is right...for once .

Guess Sigmund Freud's psychoanalytic theory is right for once. The unconscious drives in a person. The repressed thoughts and feelings in one which reveal themselves only when one is not totally conscious. Especially with the help of alcohol.

There is sth abt these psychoanalytic theories which makes them sound so extreme and cynical. All the thngs said abt the unconscious mind. How does one know if these tots/feelings are unconscious then? That these are not acknowledged by the conscious can actually be theorised and recognised as psychological theories?

Well, I do believe in the unconscious mind. But if Frued asserts tat the child is overcome by sexual desire for the parent of the opposite sex, and the threat of punishment from the parent of the same sex may cause the child to repress the entrie conflict, pushing these sexual and aggressive urges into the consciousness (Oedipus comples for males; Electra complex for females), this sounds abit too extreme doesn't it...

but anyway, was just trying to reiterate wad I have learnt in Abnormal Psy. Trying to sound 'chim'. Hahah. Exams coming soon man. ARGH. and I have a bloody 6 pps. Im sure I have mentioned this many times.

But anyway, the reason y i mentioned Freud was because of the drinking session we had with Byron on Sat night at Turnbull. Yeah man, alcohol releases everything tat has been repressed in one's mind all the time. It's good to vent it out once in a while. But its just sad to acknowledge the fact that everyone has some repressed tots tat are inappropriate to display in everyday lives. Not a healthy way to live your life, but well, wad can u do right?

Everyone has a story to tell and some feelings to hide. Hide from reality. Stimes its good to allow alcohol reduces our inhibitions. To let it all out. Cry and shout and scream. And not forgetting puke of cos. :P

Tell me abt it. The feeling of totally gone after 10 shots and the vague memory of all the embarassing actions that I did. And the crying. Yeah, the crying. The crying and the persistent calling of somebody's name. Well, I am sure Danny would remember.

Hate the nauseus feeling after alcohol. And the aftertaste of ur own puke after the vomits. Eeeks. Disgusting. If not for having to comply with the norm of the grp, and being socially-etiquette (right?), dun think I will touch alcohol for no apparent social reasons man.

But I still prefer beer to wine.

Hehe.

:P






janz pondered on Monday, October 04, 2004

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker