Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Disclaimer: Everything here is purely personal opinion.
I seriously think Sylvester will be embarassing Sg if he is announced to be the Sg Idol in an hr's time. Especially if he has to rep Sg to compete at World Idol. Everytime he performs, I just have this fear that he may go out of tune, or wrong lyrics. Like he sang Jay Chow's An Jing just now as his 2nd song. Man. I have heard of so so so many Singaporean guys who can sing that song much better than he did. And, if I din hear wrongly, he actually did get some of the lyrics wrong. *disgraceful* sigh.
And the judges are super duper lenient man. Let Dicko or Holden judge tonight's performance and everyone will know how low the standards of Sg Idol are. *Embarrassed* I seriously tot Sylvester went out of tune when he sang the chorus of Bon Jovi's It's My Life. Sigh. but the judges gave such encouranging comments, even Ken Lim - the supposed 'evil' judge.
I am so disappointed by the 2 finalists' performances. Taufik is good, but he is shown to be so much more outstanding when compared to Sylvester's performance. But I must admit that Taufik is a good entertainer and performer. Look at the way he grooves man. Because of the comparison between the 2 finalists, I will vote for Taufik. But of cos I wun be tat silly to cast my insignificant miserable vote.
All in all, it's just a competition of popularity. I certainly wun be surprised if Sylvester wins. Afterall, he has a huge grp of female Chinese fans who are willing to spend up to $2500 to vote for him.
Sigh.
And I think the gals so MUCH better in vocal and performance than most of the guys, but wad a pity, no gals got into the finals.
Haiz.
Oh well.
Jon, u better make a better finalist than the 2 finalists on the 1st season. But tat is, if u make it to the finals. Hehz. And dun disown me when u suceed in doing that!
I must admit I have to agree what Dicko has said b4 when Ricki-Lee got voted out: "Democracy has taken too far" if Sylvester wins.
![]() ![]() |

