Monday, January 17, 2005
Time blazed past super duper fast today.
It feels like 2 / 3 pm, but it's actually 5:41 pm.
Oh my my. Normally, time passes this fast only when I have sth to look forward to after work.
Hmmm. Nothing much to do after work today, so I seriously wonder wad have I been doing that led me to feel this way.
Did some copy-writing. I'm beginning to think that I am more like a copy-writer intern than an accts servicing intern. Helped Leon with more copy-writing nowadays. Who'd have imagined that I gotta do JC's stuff of para-phrasing in GP all over again?
Chatted on msn. Blogs-surfing.
That's pretty much wad I have been doing the whole afternoon. Amazing. I wish for many more of these afternoons to come by for the next 1 mth.
Chinatown CNY night markets are set up once again, for the annual festive season for the Chinese. Love the hustle and bustle that lasts till mid night and the seasons' greetings that linger thru out the night.
Love the sight of night markets being filled with sweat and perspiration at times when shopping centres have long closed their doors.
I wld have condemned the scene if it was a crowd at Taka / Wisma. For your info, im starting to feel the eeks on the weekends along the forever-busy streets of Orchard Road.
But with the CNY night markets at Chinatown, things seem to be different. It's the atmosphere. Or perhaps, its the culture. The heritage.
Or, maybe, the innocent child in me who secretly desires an annual fun-filled season of ang baos is reinvigorated again.
It was a few years ago that I started enjoying spending the weeks prior to CNY at the night markets in Chinatown - a part of Sg that bears the endless trails of history of our Chinese ancestors.
Youngsters nowadays, like how I used to be last time, think its a loser thing to hang out in Chinatown. To squeeze thru the streets of sweaty armpits is an unbearable tot. Well, true, to a certain extent, but the immersion in a land filled with old, present and new memories empowers me, and serves as a reminder for my own heritage.
So yeah, cant wait to go to the markets and lay my hands on my fav pasar malem food. yummy.
![]() ![]() |

