Saturday, February 26, 2005

. So now I'm back .

Alrighty. I'm back. To the down under. To where I really have to grapple with independence, and where I can enjoy my freedom. For the next 5 mths at least.

Felt so surreal when I reached melb. Like I was just in Sg a moment ago, and now I m back. Back to this part of the world.

But after a while, the familiarity kicked in. The landscape. The surburbs. The buses. The trains. The trams. The buildings. The restaurants. The food.

Talk abt independence. Came to a conclusion that I ve nv led a more independent life than now. (Maybe besides the Bayview Conference Centre times. That was bad) Have always had someone to take care of me here. Someone to rely upon. Someone I prolly have had taken for granted.

So yepz. This is the beginning of the real life of an overseas student.

I'm starting to get a taste of it.

Still bearable I reckon.

As Jon said, 148 more days to go. Erm. But basic calculation wld tell u tats almost like half a yr.

Just do it Gal!

Well well. Let's talk abt wad I have been doing since I touched down.

Caught in this super bad jam in the morn when Renee and I arrived. Set up my internet connection b4 brunch with Lai at Maccas. Came back to shower before heading to Auburn (near Camberwell) for a job interview. Went pretty well. After I was offered the job (im gonna start work this coming thurs), I wanted so much to jump in joy and shriek hysterically outside the office building. This is wad always happens after any successful interview. And I was beaming all the way on the train. Ahahahha. Msged Jon the sec I left the building for him to share my excitement.

Oh ya. i ve to mention tat i met my cousin - janet on the plane. She was on duty in the biz class, and so it was quite coincidental to have bumped into her when she came down to economy class to get sth for a passenger. Well. It's kindda weird that I din know that she was on duty on the same flight as me since we r cousins. But since my 2nd uncle's accident almost 2 yrs ago, Janet's family and the rest of the extended family din get along too well. Too much family politics.

So was excited to chance upon her on the plane. Din really know if we shld catch up. But we met again at the customs and we exchanged numbers. So i met up with her for dinner after the interview.

can still rem she was here in melb during my orientation week 2 and half yrs ago. We met up in city and chilled at this cafe. It felt very nice talking to her. We have nv had any chats lydat before. But that afternoon was a chance for us to bond in a way i guess.

So I was looking forward to meeting her for dinner. Brought her to lygon and we spent 2 hrs catching up! Oh my my. Talked abt so many things. Many topics. I consulted her abt the life of being a cabin crew, and told her I mgt be interested to work as an air stewardess for abt 2 yrs. And she recommended it as well. She said it's a good opportunity to look at the world first before committing urself to the real biz world.

The highlight of the day was prolly when we talked abt relationships. Nv really talked to anyone in my family nor the extended relatives anything abt my relationships. But I guess we shared some things in common with respect to tat. and we cld relate to each other's situation.

Roche gelati was next, and she simply loves it! hahha. it's definitely a must to try out in melb!

It was very kind of her to invite me to stay over at her Grand Hyatt hotel room that has 2 beds, but I din feel like staying out the 1st night im back. Felt tat i needed some time for myself. So came back home and chatted with Jon over the fone tat night :)

Woken up by Gerard's call on the 2nd morn. Tot it was only 9 but realised i din change the time on my fone! so it was oredi 12, and gerard called to meet for lunch with renald.

Caught up with the 2 of them. And i was amazed by Renald's ability to remain so composed despite of the many difficulties he is going thru currently. He is one strong dude!!! Dun give up!!!

Then it was dinner with Gerard and Allan at Box Hill followed by shopping at KMart. (see the earlier entry for some 'evidence'. hehz :p )

Wanted to go sun tanning today but i was just too lazy to go out. transport is way too inconvenient. so stayed home the whole day, trying to finish the tvb series i started watching in sg. hahah.

Cleaned up my room too. Love it. Think i wld miss this room when i go back sg for good. i enjoy the solitude i get in this space of mine. i like being able to decide wad i wanna do to my room.

Some pics of my room here.


tats my desk.


tats my bookshelf with the shoe rack beside it.


tats my bed with the ikea bedsheet. and my bubble couch!


sww the pink chair? tats my fav furniture in the room :)


and that's my tv beside my desk

invited renee and josh over for some dvd sesssion, but ended up watching a slow movie. but i kindda enjoyed it. the lives of 6 different women. Emotionally challenged, and complicatedly-related. hahah.

Then it was survivor time at palau. hahah.

Oh ya. tim tam came up with 3 new flavours: chilli, black forest and sth i forgot. Bot the black forest one and i almost had an orgasm! ahaha. just kidding! it is replacing caramel as my fav tim tam flavour now.



well well well. mmmmmmmm.

tmr is prolly gonna be grocery day followed by some kickboxing in sports and rec. speaking of which, i havent been to the gym! eekz.

oh yah. bot this cup with my name on it at movie world last yr. nv tot i wld get a chance to see my name being printed as one of the 'default' names. but bingo! there it was. it was a sign for me to buy it. hehe.

see...
cool yah?

k. gotta head out of here. missing jon now :(


janz pondered on Saturday, February 26, 2005

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker