Thursday, April 14, 2005
This feels too bizarre and rather surreal.
I am at the library now, and I just finished listening to online lecture of PSY 3051. Din give my 100% concentration throughout the 56 mins of lecture as my mind was wandering off..
After work, I came back to realise I left my thumbdrive stuck in the hard drive of my office comp. And because my bunch of keys are attached to the thumbdrive, that meant I dun have the keys to open my house and room door =(
*bad day yeah*
Called my landlord uncle, and he told me Chris (his son) wld only be there at 8 30 to clean the house. So I decided to go library and listen to online lecture while waiting for time to pass.
Walked out of the house along Stockdale and heard Evelyn's voice on the other side of the road. Yes, the street was so dark that, even thou we were only metres apart, I cldnt make out who was there in front of / near me.
Followed them back home to Lai's room and tried connecting to the net to no avail. Waited for 20 mins to hear only 11 secs of the lecture.
Decided to leave the couple alone and took a warm shower to soothe myself.
One more hour to kill after the shower, so the impulsive me put on as many shirts I cld find on the clothes rack, and strutted out of the house. It is extremely cold tonight. *Brr-ing* =(
As I was bracing myself thru the cold, some guy pulled up beside me and asked me for directions to Normanby House. As dodgy as it mgt sound, he actually asked me to pop in and direct him there.
After a short while of contemplation, I decided that that was the best and most convenient way to get to the library without having to tolerate the cold weather. So I jumped in and followed him to Normanby.
We had a short chat and he told me how he is working in an advertising co., and how his newly-setup co. just won a pitch for Levi's, and they r working on a TVC for the big brand now.
Woah. I got excited abt the topic of advertising, and I shared with him my experience of working in advertising agencies.
Being a gentleman, he initiated to drive me to when I want, and *drumroll* asked if I wld be interested to go for the interview for the ad.
Man. That was like, 'what, you mean I can make it?'
They need abt 27 young people with different ethnicity, different cultural backgrd. In short, they need international students for the ad.
They wld be having an interview tmr and he told me his colleague, James wld be giving me a call tmr, and arrange for another interview some time next week. He then took down my jeans and t-shirt size (including bra size, as Levi's has this new series of underwear) before we exchanged numbers.
I was friggin excited abt the opportunity and abt the whole thing.
I mean, how weird is an encounter lydat?
Hmm. It does sound a little dodgy, considering that he din pass me his namecard (cos he said he din come from work, and so have nothing on him) and I have never heard of Levi's bra and panty series.
But being the ever-naive me, I think the vanity side is getting over me and I am quite thrilled at this opportunity.
Well, I will put some serious tots into this whole issue before calling the guy - Sam, tmr to let him know my bra size. Haha. I really dun bother to rem my bra size. I did try to make some efforts to remember what the letter and number mean, but after a while, I give up. Yes, laugh at me, but I honestly cannot rem the exact size of my assets alright.
Anyway, looking at it from another perspective, at least I got a free ride from him to get to the library. But erm, the prob now is, I have to walk to Stockdale all by myself now at 9 34 pm.
And I need food. Havent had dinner yet. Stomach is protesting now. =(
Alrighty, time to go back home. Lai shld have gotten the key for me already. Hehz. =p
Tata.
![]() ![]() |

