Wednesday, April 06, 2005
I bought a mini-pot of cactus today.
Aint it beautiful?
This is prolly the first time I ever see cactus in such a funky orangey-red colour.
Decided to buy it off one of the stalls at Monash Marketplace and nurture it with sufficient sunlight and water. Came back to realise that the window latch in my room doesn't receive much sunlight. Hmm. Hopefully, my first attempt in keeping a plant will not fail.
But it's so adorable. It will pain me to see it die.
Hmm. Pardon me for my ignorance. But how do cactus die? Flowers wither and petals fall. But what about cactus? Does the stem grow weaker and it eventually dies?
Interesting. Haha. Dun worry, I will not carry out the above experiment at the expense of my new-found love. Hehz.
The instuction label says 'Cacti need light. Water well, allow soil to dry out between waterings. Dryer in winter.'
Maybe I will be nice to it, and put it outside the house someday. To nourish it with ample light.
The needles on the stem are not sharp enough to prick my fingers. Will they eventually strengthen and grow pricky enough?
Hmm. *puzzled*
Time to do some watering.
=)
![]() ![]() |

