Saturday, June 25, 2005

. this cousin of mine .






Ripped these pictures off my cousin's website.

It's really nostalgic to walk down the memory lane once again. This time the childhood I spent with one of my closer cousins. The memories photos can bring back serve as a reminder how far everyone has progressed in his or her life.

I used to hang out a lot with this cousin of mine - Wanyi, as our mums are the closest amongst their siblings. I would visit her place most of the time, as her house was always filled with tv games, LD karaoke, play doh, barbie dolls, game cards etc etc.

I remember how they would come over to my place on weekends, and we would scamper off to the stationary shop near my place and dig for collectable stamps. Then, we would head back to my place and play silly games to entertain our naive and playful selves. Either those make-believe games when we would take up the role of funny characters, or 'gambling' games which we use those arcade tickets we had as stakes.

There was an incident so vivid that I would never forget in my life. There was this afternoon we spent in her kitchen weeping badly for our aunt who just passed away because of kidney failure not long ago at that point of time. We were just recollecting the memories of her when all of a sudden, we started crying miserably.

I was 10 and she was 11.

Like all good things in life, such routine came to an end when we both reached the next stage of our life - secondary school. Academic work piled up, and the time we could afford to spend in each other's company got cut down. Our own social circle of frens expanded and thus, we hung out together much less often.

Nowadays, it's just an occassional get-together session.

Was packing stuff the other day, when I found the Braun Buffel wallet she gave me as my 21st bday present last year.

Then it struck me. I was surprised at myself for not remembering her bday all these years. *guilt-stricken* I always know at the back of my mind it's at the end of the year, but I never get to rem the exact date. So I seldom wish her happy bday on on her bday itself.

How guilty I am right now!

:p

But it's certainly not something which we would mind. Well, I hope she has not been mad at me all these years! haha.

Frankly speaking, I even had a mini grudge against her when we were younger. Heheh. On one of my bdays, she stole so much of the limelight I was actually jealous of her for a while. Just look at the pic above and you will understand why. I was the bday girl yet she seemed like the one in most of the pictures by sitting directly in front of the bday cake.

Come to think of it now, the incident was hilarious :D

And oh ya! There was once our mums registered us for some 'Pageant Contest' and guess wad. Hahah. She was the winner (or 1st runner-up) while I only got myself a consolation prize I think. We were so young that I dun even remember it if not for the photos we have, but what an experience yeah!

Gosh...

Well well, it's time to make up for lost time all these years. Time to catch up with the loved ones soon!


janz pondered on Saturday, June 25, 2005

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker