It was an amazing 3D2N trip at Batam. The Turi Beach Resort was much better than wad I had expected earlier. It was nice, cosy, and very
If not for the annoying mosquitoes and flies which leeched around the room and sucked our bloods, the cuddles and snuggles we had would have been much more enjoyable. Irritating lil things. Woke me up several times in the middle of the nights, leaving swelling lumps on my thighs and arms. Suckers for blood.
The pool at the resort was awesome. Unfortunately, we were down on our luck for a relaxing poolside chill for the consecutive 2 days. The weather was playing us big time. 2 days in a row, we headed straight to the pool after the buffet brekkie, and 2 days in a row, it rained 15 mins right after I jumped into the water. Wad luck! Jon also did not have a chance to laze by the poolside and read his latest Harry Potter book in peace.
So we spent most of the time in the room watching a series of DVDs, ranging from Bewitched (which was kindda boring), Captain Sky and The World of Tomorrow (which did not entice me due to its sci-fi nature) and A Lot Like Love (which left me in a fairy-airy mood thereafter). It was great curling under the blankets together and just spending time with each other. I also spent quite some time catching up with shows on Sg television, since we could receive reception there. Watched my first episode of Superstar on Channel U (the repeated live telecast). Speaking of which, I was a tad disappointed with one particular contestant’s performance.
The pool was situated in the middle of the resort, surrounded by the huts (the accommodation), and the main building with the one and only restaurant on the second floor, shops on the third floor and the lobby on the fourth floor (which is also the ground level). There were also some mini pavilions around the pool, with services like outdoor massages. Water sports was also quite a favourite among the tourists. There were snorkeling on No-Man Island, water skiing, cable skiing, knee boarding, jet boat rides, and rides on banana boats.
Almost tried the banana boats ride, but decided against it cos it was a little too expensive for a short half an hour ride.
We hopped onto a taxi to get to town area on the first day. It was SGD $30 for 3 hours of transportation. The driver would wait for us while we do our shopping, and bring us to wherever we want within that 3 hours. But we did feel a bit pai sei for making him wait outside the shopping centre.
The grocery shopping we did at Matahari Supermarket was the most costly ever. A whopping 255, 000 ruppiahs. Haha. That’s worth SGD $40 over. We bot food, drinks, pads (yes, it’s real cheap) and tim tams. I dun quite understand why Batam sells ‘Choco Chocolate’, ‘Choco Coffee’ and ‘Choco Vanilla’ flavored tim tams, and also the wafer ones, when we dun see that in Auz. And they cost only SGD$1.50 each, for a normal size packet. We stocked them up in the trolley like we have never seen Tim Tams before. Haha.
The 2nd day was full of boo-boos. I blame it all on PMS. I feel very apologetic now, but at that moment, I din know what overwhelmed me, and I got into the most irritable mood ever. It must have been very vexing for Jon to pacify me, and soothe me back into the normal mode. But he did a great job nevertheless. I deserve some scolding really. Blmpf.
A fantastic trip overall. It was mainly Jon’s presence which made everything worthwhile. We had lotsa cuddles and fun in each other’s company. Something we haven been indulging since end of last year before I came back to
I really can’t wait for another trip like this, even though I know it wun be anytime soon.
Happy birthday my dearest Dar J.
![]() ![]() |

