Saturday, July 16, 2005

. we saw where Mc Kenzie fell .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



So the trip turned out successful.

Tot it would be a 6-person trip, but Kevin and Melissa decided to join the gang, and so off we went, embarking on a 3-hour journey to Grampians on Friday.

Allan, Kee, Lai and I set off in the early morning first while the second batch (Kevin, Melissa, Vivek and Terrence) began their trip only at 4 in the afternoon as the college boys had to attend their labs in school.

Quickie brekkie was at Maccas, somewhere after we exited the city and on the Western Highway I think. A mini-toilet break for us before continuing the long road ahead.

Upon reaching the self-contained lodge at mid-day, we were surprised by the tidiness of the place. It was clean and neat and furnished with all necessities needed! With the 2 double-sized beds, 1 double decker, and a sofa bed, all 8 of us made ourselves cosy for the next 2 days.

Settled for lunch before we went on a short hike to a mini waterfall and a peak, which did not offer us too great a view. It was quite a sight to see kangaroos and wallabies in the wild thou, hopping around, temporarily disrupting our tour routes.

Did not wanna tire ourselves even more by hiking to the Halls Gap peak, as dusk would soon fall and we obviously did not want to lose our way in the forest. Adjourned back home to indulge in tidbits and some Eye Toy Games. It was hilarious with our arm and hand actions smacking and slapping the 'enemies' or 'wishy washing' the windows. But I reckon I was more of the laughing stock when it was my turn to embarrass myself in front of the 3 boys.

Relaxed and chilled for a few hours before the second group joined us at the lodge. Dinner on the menu includes unhealthy food such as instant noodles, chips, choco biscuits, fruits and alcohol. Sinful food on the roll...

Highlight of the night was probably the Taboo Session 1 we had in the late night. The lack of sleep and the high on sugar and alcohol were making us a tad wonky, and thus resulted in some pretty amusing descriptions of words.

Gloomy clouds hovered the skies on day 2 but the day turned out fine soon after. Bacon and egg, and pancake brekkie at a cafe before we began the trip proper. First stop was the McKenzie Falls. Not a long hike, but the view of the water splashing downwards was quite breathtaking.

Next up was the Reeds Peak. I held my breath as the marvelous view of the forest ranges unfolded in front of my eyes. The low temperatures and the cold wind we had to endure up there was definitely worth the spectacular images of the greenery.

Eevrybody was feeling exhausted and hence we decided to head back home, only to find ourselves in another round of Eye Toy Games. I tried my best but still couldn't resist the temptation, and found myself in slumberland for a good 2 hours before dinner time.

Thanks to Terrence for the pasta dinner on the second night. It was delicious (or maybe I was hungry...hmm)

We threw a mini surprise party for the bday boy - Allan, at mid-night. We managed to hide the mud cake we got from Coles from him until his bday struck. Good efforts huh ;)

It was a long night that day. We started a series of games like Taboo (round 2) and Poker 99, and eventually Truth or Dare. Truth or Dare became boring when we ran out of questions to ask, and before I knew it, it was 9 am in the morning. Yepz, I had fallen asleep in the middle (or more like, at the end) of the game at about 7 am.

Packed up and we checked out at 11 plus. Made a stop at one of the wineries along the road. Kee and I practically slept through most of the journey, except for lunch time at KFC. I totally zoned out and only woke up when we reached Stockdale. Nearly sprained my neck with the awkward position in the car.

A fun-filled trip full of laughter. Well, at least for myself. It wasn't about the place, but more of the company I was with that made my day everyday. Thou I was bullied most of the time, I had great fun laughing at my own silly jokes and slow-ness too. Hahaha. Bleah. Too bad Renee wasn't there to share the load with me. I had to entertain the few guys throughout the trip by being the silly and retarded one :p

Totally enjoyed myself and this is prolly one the most memorable trips I have had so far.

:)


janz pondered on Saturday, July 16, 2005

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker