Sunday, August 21, 2005
*entry dated 19th aug 2005*

After my first visit to Sydney, I adore the vibrant city.
After my second visit to Sydney, I appreciate Melb for what it is.
And I miss my Stockdale home now. And my 2 happening housemates.
:(
*** *** ***
After my second visit to Sydney, I appreciate Melb for what it is.
And I miss my Stockdale home now. And my 2 happening housemates.
:(
*** *** ***
I'm currently sitting at this cafe - Blue Fish, @ Darling Harbour, savouring a cup of peppermint tea in the lazy and cloudy afternoon. Not happy with my only order of a cup of tea, the waiter just shot me a glare which explicitly shouted out, 'WTF' in my face.
'Get off, idiot.' I am in no mood to be threatened this way. I can hardly keep my eyes open. With the strong sea breeze blowing past, tears begin to swell around my eyes.
Mahjong with hsemates, Vivek, and Kee last night 'robbed' me of my sleep, but I am more than willing to do so. Hah. I won once last night. Now, that's an achievement for a beginner like me. The consequences, thou, are not very desirable - panda eyes and grouchy mood.
Exhibition this morning was dsappointing. No fanciful high-ceiling Suntec-or-Expo kindda extravagance, but a simple hotel ballroom layout filled with approximately 15 booths.
Out of which, 8-9 are irrelevant. I arrived at Sofitel earlier than Jon and partner Alex, even thou we caught the same flight, as they needed to deposit their baggage at a fren'z place. When they finally reached, I was done with patrolling the exhibition grounds.
Let's see. I spoke to reps from Overture, Sensis, google, Reality Media and Facilitate-sth. Din catch Hitwise Intelligence but I have a rough idea what services and expertise they offer.
No major gains achieved from the networking session but ya learn sth new everyday. Like I learnt abt the origins of dolphin-free tuna yesterday, and I got to know abt this syntax code from the Google guy a while ago. I also had a very enjoyable talk with this lady at the Facilitate-sth booth.
Stats have shown that an average person walks abt a few thousand steps each day. For me, I think I ve done 10 times of that today. I was walking away from the skyscraper which bears the name - ING Direct more than 1/2 hr ago, and now, tt's facing me across the harbour. Gawd. I made a huge detour. To top it off, I'm carrying my hand luggage with me since the morning. My poor shoulder is crying in pain.
I really regret not bringing my lappie wuth me for this trip. While the burden of the weight will kill me further, I wldnt complain as long as I can keep myself occupy with my videos/games.
3 more hrs to meeting Irene. I need Borders & caffeine badly. Gimme just 1 min, and I ll knock out instantaneously. The waiter is gonna skin me alive if I do that. Blardy hell.
Time to get outta this place.
![]() ![]() |

