Thursday, August 11, 2005
Australian marketers and advertisers focus on the future at iMAT, Australia's largest conference and first exhibition for interactive marketing.
Agencies and clients who have already confirmed their attendance at iMAT include: M&C Saatchi, Tribal DDB, Legion Interactive, Jetstar, Mircosoft, Australian Government, CBA, Network 7, Audi, Unilever, Rentokil Initial, Aquent, Big W, IBM, Boots Healthcare, Singleton OgilvyOne, Landcom, Clemenger BBDO, Estee Lauder, Walt Disney Internet, Toys R Us, Brave New World, Zuji...and many more.
Agencies and clients who have already confirmed their attendance at iMAT include: M&C Saatchi, Tribal DDB, Legion Interactive, Jetstar, Mircosoft, Australian Government, CBA, Network 7, Audi, Unilever, Rentokil Initial, Aquent, Big W, IBM, Boots Healthcare, Singleton OgilvyOne, Landcom, Clemenger BBDO, Estee Lauder, Walt Disney Internet, Toys R Us, Brave New World, Zuji...and many more.
Will be leaving for Sydney next Friday morning for a full day of exhibition at Sofitel, Wentworth Hotel. Am full of anticipation and excitment. I wonder what's in store for me. With the big players of the search engine market as exhibitors for the event, I can forsee myself being enriched and saturated with information. The only bad thing is, I do not have my namecards yet, which means for the networking sessions, I will have to exchange Boss P.'s or Boss J.'s biz cards.
I'll make it a point to learn as much as I can, and most importantly, to network! Gawd. My social networking skills seriously need some polishing. Help. Think I'm destined not to be able to make PR as my career path.
The seminar (organised by Hitwise) I attended in Singapore was quite an eventful one, 'cept that I felt quite awkward in the lobby area before the event began. The attendees sorta knew each other in the industry. or else, newbies wld have namecards to intro themselves. oh well. i need to make an effort to socialise even without any cards.
The Yahoo and MSN representative at the Hitwise seminar were a hilarious pair. MSN's contract stays with Yahoo until 2006, if I'm not mistaken. So when MSN announced the 'opening' of AdCentre (which is a direct competitor of Yahoo once their biz r/s ends), I wonder what mixed feelings did the Yahoo guy feel at that point of time. And that Singaporean MSN guy did a fantastic PR job of raising awareness of the forecoming AdCentre. He even snatched the chance to answer a qns which was originally posed to the Yahoo rep. of cos that attracted some laughter from the crowd.
Industry exposure. That's what I'm lacking right now. And also the confidence to present myself to other biz associates. Time to brush up gal.
![]() ![]() |

