Tuesday, September 06, 2005

. are you siding them .

It was a rather frightening conversation I had earlier on with an acquaintance outside the gym. Scary in 2 ways basically. Firstly, what the person said took me aback for one moment, as I never thought I would be 'accused' in any way of standing on one side of the fence. Secondly, this person's attitude, outlook of life and behaviour totally imply that he/she needs help.

It scares me to know some people actually take the extra effort to bear grudges, assume the worst scenario and brood over the smallest things in life unneccesarily. It also worries me that this person seriously needs to loosen up and I have no idea how I can offer assistance. I'm more than happy to do that, but the only thing that holds me back is I'm not sure if I will be more of a hindrance than help to him/her. What if he/she gets the wrong idea and takes offence in everything that I comment on? What if he/she gets so tense and uptight and attempt to threaten me? On the other hand, if he/she does not see a point in others' effort to help him get past his own barrier and adopt a healthier perspective in life, will he/she end up like...eh...the gunman who shot 2 of his fellow classmates in Monash 3 years ago?

Tragedies like that begin from the slightest conflicts in life. And if one takes the wrong attitude and starts imagining things, god knows what kind of consequences will follow. I am perturbed. Why can't people just live harmoniously with one another? Too idealistic? Too much of an utopia of world peace?

Only if ... only if everyone is more accomodating towards one another in our society, the world will become a more congenial one.


janz pondered on Tuesday, September 06, 2005

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker