Saturday, September 24, 2005
So...let me do a quick recap of my short biz trip back to sunny island.
Touched down at 1-ish am on Sat morning and surprised the pig who was in deep sleep (Jon) on the public phone. Didn't get the kindda surprise reaction I expected, but well, the poor pig had to wake up early the next morning for Hendry's wedding as the Best Man.
Finally got to see my pig at the church at Queenstown in the afternoon on Sat. Attended my first ever church wedding with a few of Jon's sec and TP frenz. Am honoured to be part of the audience to witness the wedding vow of the couple. It takes so much for 2 people to be together. Though I merely knew the couple for a few hours, to be able to share the happiness with them is a blessing. All the best to Hendry and Jane for the next phase of the journey :)
Caught The Longest Yard at Cineleisure with Jon, Rosemary and Terrence, and we adjourned to River Valley for some prata after that.
Sunday. And yet another surprise for Jon. We enjoyed a one day stay at Scarlet Hotel. It was my one year anniversary gift to my baby. Possibly one of the best days of our relationship thus far. We had some cuddles and snuggles in bed, followed by a soccer match between Liverpool and Man U at this pub in China Square. I had my fair share of local food fare that evening too - kway chup, wu xiang, satay, carrot cake and sugar cane juice. Yumz. We ended the night with a short nap before heading home at midnight.
And that's probably where the entertainment stopped.
Monday was packed with administrative matters. We have finally settled the incorporation of the company and office location (Shenton Way, UIC Building). The meeting in the afternoon with Y (and an exclamation mark) was very constructive, and I believe we have established a strong working relationship with Leonard. That's a very good start for our new co.
In the evening, I treated my Mum and sis for dinner at Crystal Jade and had a quick chit chat session with Huishan and Heyi at TBP thereafter.
Tuesday was the main reason why we were in Singapore. I was controlling the powerpoint slides at the pitch with the bank while Boss P did the presentation. I was cringing practically throughout the whole meeting. I could feel the awkward silence in between slides.
We learnt our lesson after the first pitch and fared much better in the second one at the airport. It was a much more interactive session and we exchanged ideas and got a clear idea about their objectives and needs.
Jon got the Quidam ticket as our anniversary pressie and the show rocked! It made Jon laughed so much I'm sure he teared. Haha.
On Wednesday, we met up with the Hitwise Singapore representative, and like the meeting on Monday with Y (and an exclamation mark), we struck a good relationship with Jenny. And that was when the idea of setting a home office came to our minds. Therefore, Boss P and I have decided that I should work from home, and half of the rental will be subsidised by the co. On top of that, broadband and phone will be fully paid for too. This really got me excited. Am now looking at a few condos to move in on 1st Nov when I'm back in Sg.
Met up with Jon for a final lunch before heading to the airport. Grabbed the essentials from the duty free and off I flew...back to Melbourne.
In between the meetings-packed days, I managed to get 2 shirts from Zara and the mooncakes for Paul, Lai and Danny. Phew....I feel kindda surreal knowing that just one week ago, I was back in Singapore.
![]() ![]() |

