Thursday, September 29, 2005

. more like unhappening .

32 days to going home. for good.

Contrary to how I felt the last time when I was supposed to go back in July, I can't wait to leave Auzzie land now. Sometimes, emptiness lingers in the air too often. It's suffocating to feel that way. My daily routine - work, eat, watch, talk, sleep on the weekdays is boring me to death. No doubt tiredness kicks in everyday after 8 hrs of work and 30-40 mins of gym each day, but the mundane life is a killer. In Singapore, I look forward to after work hours to engage in some soul-relaxing tasks such as shopping or catching up with friends over dinner and able to get home in 15 mins, but here in Auz, the public transport totally pisses me off. The result ... ... Auz has nurtured laziness in me.

Sometimes, all I want is to get enough sleep to avoid looking too restless at work the next day. I really don't mind going for house gatherings and stuff. In fact, that's prolly what I need after a long day of staring-at-the-computer-screen. But when the gathering starts at 10 pm, it's really hard to get this unhappening housemate's butt going.

On the other hand, one part of me still can't bear to leave everything here. The friends. The memories. The laidback-ness. The cafes. The cakes. The gelati. The everything that I have taken for granted during my stay here in Melbourne.

But I will never start appreciating the tiniest thing if I don't get to leave this beautiful country. People usually don't treasure and cherish the stuff that they have, until they begin to lose them. How true is this in an ironic way.


janz pondered on Thursday, September 29, 2005

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker