Thursday, September 29, 2005
Work is getting a bit more frenzy these days as time inches closer to the day I go back Singapore. We have been coming up with the smallest details that need to be taken care of for our Singapore office. Everything looks promising so far, and with the seminar on the top of our priority list, the office is busy doing the preparations.
With regards to accomodation in Singapore, just an update: the Anchorage room that I was previously looking at was very disappointing. Good thing Jon was kind enough to make a trip down to Queenstown to take pictures of the apartment on my behalf. The exterior looks fantastic, but the interior of the unit feels too crampy for my liking. Esp. so when I will be sharing the apt with 3 other ladies. According to Jon, the master bedroom is as huge as my current Stockdale room, but I wouldn't wanna trade comfort for size!
Am on the lookout for more places, namly Moulmein Rise (the owner travels very frequently and the place is well furnished and designed, but rent wise is on the high end); Beach Road Apt (the main tenant sounds fun and the location is central); Carribean (just trying my luck cos this guy claims to have a fren who mgt want to sub-rent out a room).
I would love to arrange for a viewing of these condos myself, to get a feel for the place, and also to check out the public transport accessibility of these locations. But it is virtually impossible right now, and the only ways are to either ask the advertiser to send me some fotos, or I will have to trouble Jon to make trips down again.
Maybe it's still a bit too soon to rush into decisions now, but I have to make sure I find the best place to build my nest for now. Who wants to work in a claustrophobic and untidy apartment all day long? I wldnt mind forking out a bit more money for comfort. Even location comes second place if I can settle into a lovely apt with my own privacy.
Oh well. We'll see how when the time gets nearer.
![]() ![]() |

