Saturday, September 24, 2005

. when you feel touched .

A firm handshake is telling. It tells me if a person shows professionalism. It gives me a positive impression of the person. On the other hand, a flimsy, flaccid handshake tells me that the person is not confident enough, or is half-hearted in striking a relationship with you.

The same rationale applies to hugs. Whenever I receive a hug that resembles more like a pat on the shoulder and a face that is reluctantly brought close to me, I feel the awkardness. It's like telling me, sorry I'm not close enough to you to give you a proper hug. Or maybe he or she feels uncomfortable showing their emo side, like me. But even not a very 'huggy' person like me makes sure when I give hugs to frens or receive hugs from them, they feel the sincerity from me. A firm hug delivers a strong message: genuine care and concern from a true friend.

I still feel touched whenever I recall Tone's hug after May's bday dinner outside MUISS lounge. I could feel that he was telling me he really treasure his frienship with all of us and he did enjoy himself when we used to hang out (as a team in MUISS). Last night, I gave the bday boy - Paul a hug and the same feeling bestowed upon me again. The same message.

So next time when you share a firm hug with a friend or a firm handshare with a business associate, ask yourself if you feel the same way as I do.


janz pondered on Saturday, September 24, 2005

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker