Thursday, September 15, 2005

. when you say nothing .

Another one.

*** *** ***

When you say nothing


Another problem with working the twilight shift is that MDH and I don't get to see each other much.

I get home at 2:30am and MDH is already tucked up in bed. When I wake up in the morning, he's already left for work. When he gets home at night, I've already left for work. Ships passing in the night and all that.

I've actually gone 7 days without talking to him this week.

I guess this is when we learn to communicate without speaking.

Before I leave for work, I make his dinner and leave it on the stove so he can heat it up when he gets home, exhausted from a day's worth of tedium. This actually means 'I love you'.

When I wake up in the morning, still groggy from lack of sleep, I find that he's done all the washing up and taken out the trash. This also means 'I love you'.

He puts away his ties and refills the waterjug with filtered water. I file away our correspondance and vacuum the carpets.

A plateful of chocolate chip cookies, a freshly laundered shirt, a pine-scented kitchen, a fluffed up pillow...this is how we talk. And I am learning how to listen.

*** *** ***

my heart melts again.


janz pondered on Thursday, September 15, 2005

|

==================================================

|September 2004|October 2004|November 2004|December 2004|January 2005|February 2005|March 2005|April 2005|May 2005|June 2005|July 2005|August 2005|September 2005|October 2005|November 2005|December 2005|January 2006
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from janz. Make your own badge here.
till the day we meet
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker
somewhere only we know
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker