Friday, November 18, 2005
I am on a roll here!
After lamenting how some businesses can reject you outright and slap you in the face with a persistent 'No', 'No' & 'No', without even granting me a chance for proper explanation, I got a pleasant surprise from a certain reputable prospect.
Even though I was greeted by a super uber chao bin face throughout the whole presentation, she really made my day when she expressed her interest in our services.
Good things come in pairs huh. Straight after the rather successful meeting, I received a call from a magazine which would like to feature friday singapore in the Dec issue. My oh my, that must have been one of my luckiest days.
On a vanity note, it was my first proper business meeting after we started operations in Singapore and I actually forgot to put on my make up! Seems like I ought to practise what Joey (May's) and Ivan's friend do every day when they work from home. Dress up in work attire and even bother to drive one round in the neighbourhood, in the facade that my office is separate from home.
I strongly believe it's all about self-discipline though. Come visit me at home during office hours, and you will find me in my Hwa Chong PE t-shirt, shorts and bespectacled like a nerd facing the lappie. I have not yet encountered any disciplinary problem, erm, except that I still haven't been able to wake up before 8!
Goodness gracious! I need a proper alarm clock!
Outta here to conc on my proposal. Woot!
![]() ![]() |

